Salary: $15+/ hour (D.O.E.)
Job Type: Full-time
- High school diploma or equivalent (Preferred).
- On-the-job training provided
- Experience as a general laborer in the construction industry (Preferred).
Full Job Description
Big Sky Environmental has an immediate opening for Operations Support. Under general supervision, candidates will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, loading, and unloading of materials, and following directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen.
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines
- Help equipment operators, mechanics, drivers, and other skilled labor when necessary
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards
- Load or unload construction materials
- Remove, fill, or compact earth
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary
- Perform site clean-up
- Any other duties as assigned
Conditions of Employment
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Some Saturday's offered
Work Location: Adamsville, AL