Here are some reasons why your garbage was not collected:
- The container was too far off the edge of roadway, it must be within 4 feet.
- The container was obstructed and was either behind something or up against something.
- The container was not out when the truck came by.
- The garbage was not in a big sky container.
Due to current volume, we cannot do any pick ups outside of your regularly scheduled time.
Residents who feel they need more than one container, may purchase a second container at our discounted cost of $120. We will only pick up what fits inside each container.
If you are a new resident of Adamsville, you may register for weekly trash collection either on-line using the link located on the home page of our website, or by calling (205)767-5592.
There are currently no fees charged by Big Sky. (except for additional trash containers)
We will only collect your household garbage. No appliances, construction material, furniture etc. will be collected. You may, however, bring those items to our facility at no charge.
Currently, we are only collecting your household garbage. You may, however, bring your yard waste to our facility at no charge.
There are no holidays in 2022 that should affect your garbage collection service, except Thanksgiving on November 24th. That Thursday route will be on Friday, November 25th. Please make note of this change.
Currently, we are only collecting your household garbage. You may, however, bring your recyclables to our facility at no charge.
Car batteries, motor oil, liquid waste (e.g. non-dried paint, household cleaners, untreated medical waste), Cathode ray tubes (CRT) screens (tube monitors and TVs), products containing mercury, computers, nickel-cadmium (NiCad or rechargeable batteries.
- Household and yard waste only.
- Only one (1) load per household per week. After one (1) load, resident must pay.
- The load may not exceed the equivalent of one (1) pick-up truck.
- Trailers may not exceed 10 feet and must be single axle. This means a small utility trailer OR pickup truck bed, not both.
- Residential convenience center is only allowed for small loads ad determined by the scale operator. Larger loads will need to be taken to the appropriate dump site.
- Valid ID with Adamsville address and sticker must be presented in order to utilize free waste disposal.
- Residents must follow all posted traffic signs throughout the landfill.