Class A CDL Truck Driver
Salary: $20+/ hour (D.O.E.)
Job Type: Full-time
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Valid Class A driver's license required
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving (preferred)
Full Job Description
Big Sky Environmental will train an individual to become a dependable and efficient Class A CDL truck driver. The candidate should possess a great deal of physical and mental stamina and be able to withstand long hours on the road. Must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently. A clean driving record and willingness to gain commercial driving experience is a must. If you demonstrate continued success, you will also get the chance to undergo additional paid training that opens the door for more diverse work opportunities.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit
- Transport materials from the place of origin to assigned destination
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of the truck
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload materials at selected destinations
- Assist in mapping routes
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or issues encountered
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Always make safety a priority
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Ability to obtain a Valid Alabama Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- As a CDL driver, the employee will be required to comply with all provisions of DOT Regulation, including random drug and alcohol testing.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Prolonged periods of driving.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Some Saturday's offered
Work Location: Adamsville, AL